Monday, July 22, 2013

K-Mondays: Most Memorable K-drama Moments and OST's.

I love Korean dramas, even though they have cliché plots, and ultra mushy scenes, I'll never stop watching them. The first Korean drama that I've probably watched is Lovers in Paris. It was a hit in the Philippines when it was first aired. Kids, teenagers, middle age people, or even our grandparents loved that series in the Philippines. Who would dare forget Martin and Carlo? The two handsome and rich male leads that we debate about who's much more good looking? I doubt that any TV-obsessing-Filipino would not be able to relate.

On the other hand, the first Korean drama that I loved and truly dedicated my time to was Full House. (I even went to the shooting location in Korea.) Whenever I remember those times that I've watched it (a few, well, a gazillion times), the soundtracks automatically play in my head. I first watched the series when it was aired in the Philippines and it was dubbed in Filipino. After a few years, I watched it again, and again, and again. One of my favorite scenes in this drama (I even remember which episode and which part) was when Han Ji Eun (Song Hye Kyo) confessed her feelings for Lee Young Jae (Rain) for the first time, but it didn't end well.


Ji Eun seriously confessing her feelings for Young Jae.



Young Jae took it as a joke and laughed.

Ji Eun also laughed upon finding out that Young Jae had only took her feelings for a joke. Wasn't that sad? I was so sad but a had a good laugh because of Young Jae's foolishness. There are more scenes that I really like, for example, the 3 bears song scene, and the one where Ji Eun brought kimbap for Young Jae at a shoot and they forcefully fed each other.

Next drama is My Girl. Like Full house, this drama was also aired in the Philippines but I didn't watch it on TV. I was actually not in the Philippines when it aired, that's why I wasn't able to watch it. Thank goodness for the internet though, I was able to fall in love with My Girl (or should I say Lee Dong Wook). My favorite scene in this drama was when Joo Yoo Rin (Lee Da Hae), told Seol Gong Chan (Lee Dong Wook) various lies when they went to the 63 building together. The funny thing about that scene was Gong Chan believed every lie that Yoo Rin told him. Towards the end of that chain of lies..


Gong Chan tried the "lie" that Yoo Rin told him, where he has close his eyes and to count to 10. He would then fall in love with the first person that he sees.


And what do you know? He saw Yoo Rin.

It was a bit cheesy, I know, but it's heart-warming and cute. I was young then but I still haven't forgotten how it felt when I watched that scene. Another scene that I love was when Yoo Rin and Seo Jung Woo (Lee Jun Ki) were eating dinner and Jung Woo asks Yoo Rin how she could make her lies really convincing. Yoo Rin said that it's easy, that it's just a matter of believing your own lies. If you like someone, you tell yourself that you don't. Then she made another example by eating a green pepper. There are two kinds of green pepper; one that is not spicy and one that is really spicy. After taking a bite, Yoo Rin asked Jung Woo whether the pepper was spicy or not judging from her poker face. Jung Woo wasn't able to guess and ended up taking a bite on one of the green peppers. That's how he found out that the pepper was indeed very spicy and Yoo Rin was just holding it in.

The last drama that I'll be blabbering about is Goong/Princess Hours. Although I have many scenes that I love in this drama (and like any other dramas that I've ever talked about) like their wedding, the one scene that had my heart bursting with laughter and feelings was when they had their 합방 (hapbang) or first night as a couple. The thing is, the pair were expected to make love and create an heir to the throne..


Shin Chae Gyung (Yoo Eun Hye) was creating a lot of noise because removing the head piece was apparently hurting her.


The palace maids who are always on duty hears the (weird) noises and assumes the two are indeed doing what they're supposed to do.


Lee Shin (Joo Ji Hoon) drank some "energy drink" forced upon him to ensure the creation of an heir.

It was so funny that Shin restrains himself from his temptation to make a move on Chae Gyung, who he allegedly, had no feelings for. The noises they made though was from hitting each other as a consequence of playing a game. The palace mades however, assumed that they would get an heir to the throne soon. For more funny goodness of this scene click here.

These three dramas that I reminisced about are my top three most favorite/significant K-dramas of all time. There still hasn't been any new K-drama that exceeded my love for these three, but there are many of those that are in line. As I'm going through memory lane, I might as well provide the nostalgia inducing OSTs of the dramas that I love. Click on my mix below.



No comments :

Post a Comment